Who may become Erasmus+ student?
- a student who is a citizen of the Slovak Republic or a country of the European Union or other countries participating in the ERASMUS+ programme and is a student (enrolled in the given academic year) of a higher education institution in the Slovak Republic who has been awarded the Erasmus Charter (ECHE);
- a citizen of another country who is a student of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral study (enrolled in the given academic year) of a higher education institution in the Slovak Republic who has been awarded the Erasmus Charter (ECHE)
- the student must be formally enrolled for studies at home university even for the period in which he or she is studying abroad
- students studying at a Slovak university with permanent residence outside the Slovak Republic may participate in mobility in their country of residence only if they have a temporary residence in the Slovak Republic
- may be a student of any academic degree level – Bachelor’s, Master’s , PhD.
- each student may participate in mobility (studies + placement) max. 12 months at each academic degree level.
- the student may only take part in mobility from the second year of Bachelor’s studies
- the student must be formally enrolled for studies at home institution of higher education even for the period in which he or she is studying abroad
- discontinuation of studies due to mobility or during the mobility is not possible
- mobility must begin and finish within one academic year
- the content and scope of studies abroad must be agreed before the student starts the mobility (the Learning Agreement)
- the home university is required to guarantee full recognition of completed studies
- mobility is based on an interinstitutional agreement between higher education institutions
- each mobility partner (university) must be the holder of the EUC
Generally a valid mobility range is a minimum of 3 months, maximum 12 months. The Academy of Arts strategy is to allow mobility for as many students as possible, so the length of stay is 3 to 5 months. This length of stay allows the student to complete the whole semester even with the exam period. Grant is allocated maximum for this length of stay. Two-semester stays are only exceptionally approved, in the form of an extension.
Extension of mobility
The mobility must be continuously linked - that is, the student must apply for an extension of stay at least 1 month before the initially scheduled end of mobility period. In the case of the Academy of Art’s consent, the extension must immediately follow up the previous mobility stay.
- Short-term extension (1 week to 6 weeks): It concerns the students in winter and summer semesters if they cannot meet all Learning agreement requirements due to objective reasons (e.g. exam date, etc.). Student is required to present:
- Application for extension of stay (form not specified) in written form and signed by his/ her own hand
- Documents confirming the reasons for which the student requests extension (if available).
- Extension for 1 semester This applies exclusively to students who travel to mobility in the winter semester. The basic prerequisite for such an extension of stay is the fulfillment of all the requirements resulting from the Grant Agreement and Learning Agreement for the past semester. Student is required to present:
- Application for an extension of stay in written form with signature
- Approval to extension of studies from home institution
- Approval to extend the studies from the host institution
- New Learning Agreement for summer semester with new commitments
Applications are submitted to the Erasmus+ office in written form.
If the student's application is accepted, they will be required to sign a Supplement to the Grant Agreement with the agreed changes.
The student is required to submit an Application for a Change of Contract to make any changes to the Grant Agreement (e.g. change of the length of stay at a foreign university).
Erasmus+ grant may be awarded by the Academy of Arts to a teaching and non-teaching staff or other employee who:
- is a citizen of the Slovak Republic or a country of the European Union or other countries involved in the Erasmus+ program
- is an employee (with a work contract) of the Academy of Arts in Banská Bystrica
- has a pre-arranged and approved teaching program or training plan
The teaching program or training plan must be approved by all involved parties before leaving for mobility. For the Academy, the teaching plan is approved by the Erasmus+ Institutional Coordinator or the Rector of the Academy of Arts in Banská Bystrica.
In the case of teaching mobility, both higher education institutions - sending and host - must be in the countries participating in the program, must be holders of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education and must have a signed Interinstitutional Agreement.
The visiting teacher must have a pre-agreed program of activities with the partner university/ business to be carried out during mobility (mobility program - teaching). In all cases, the lessons taught must be integrated into the study program of the host institution. Due to the sufficient number of places for mobility, an additional selection procedure does not occur at the Academy of Arts.
In the case of mobility of employees from enterprises who come to teach at the college, mobility takes place upon an invitation from the host institution. The company employee is given the mobility grant by the higher education institution.
The selection of employees for mobility is organized by the sending institution. The sending and the host institutions/ enterprises must have an agreed training program prior to the commencement of mobility, which shall be attended by the staff of the higher education institution (mobility program- training).