Higher education is acquired through studies within an accredited study program, according to the study plan in the particular form of studies. The studies are completed by a state examination and a successful graduate is awarded with one of the academic titles – Bc., Mgr.art., ArtD. The study programs at Academy of Arts (AU) faculties focus on developing talent and creativity in the field of artistic performance and artistic work on the basis of artistic and humane principles. An important part of the artistic study program is artistic performance.
- Daily form of study is characterized by daily participation of the student in educational activities. In the study programs of the first and the second academic degree level and the study programs according to §53 par.(3) of the Higher Education Act, teaching with a direct contact with a university teacher and a student is required at least 18 hours a week during the teaching weeks of the semester; this does not apply to the length of traineeship connected with the studies or mobility.
- The external form of study is characterized by predominantly independent studies and consultation.
Organization of studies
The organization of all academic degree levels and forms of higher education is based on a credit system which is based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). ECTC enables to assess the student's study load associated with the completion of study units - study courses, facilitates the openness of the academy from within, its supports student mobility and provides the students with the possibility to participate in the preparation of their study plan. To successfully finish any type of accredited study program, it’s necessary to achieve a minimum number of required credits: 180-240 credits in Bachelor's degree programs, 120 credits in follow-up Master's degree study programs. A credit represents a quantitative expression of the student's study load; the student's standard load in each semester thus represents 30 credits (60 credits in the academic year).
Accredited study programs
Accredited study programs
Higher education is acquired through studies in accredited study programs and after the fulfillment of the study conditions is completed by the state examination and by obtaining one of the academic degrees - Bc., Mgr.art., ArtD.
Bachelor’s degree study programs - provided in daily form of studies
Bachelor's degree study programs with a standard length of study of 3 or 4 years (6 or 8 semesters) are conducted only in the daily form of study. Their concept is focused on developing talent, creativity, manual, technical and technological skills. A characteristic feature of the entire education process is the individual teacher’s approach, active communication and orientation in the art subject reflecting the specifics of the particular study program. The acquired knowledge, skills and abilities are put to practice by students through their artistic output. Bachelor’s degree study programs provide students with the development of conceptual thinking, theoretical knowledge and technical skills necessary for their continuous education and personal and artistic growth. Graduate of the bachelor's degree studies is awarded a title "Bachelor" -Bc. (BA).
- Selection of bachelor’s degree study programs (SK)
- Graduate profiles at bachelor’s degree level (SK)
Important links for more information:
- The dates of entrance exams and the terms of admission for studies
- Consulting services related to the study and more work possibilities for graduates of study programs in practice provided by the Study affairs office of the particular faculties. Contacts to study departments may be found under this link
- Electronic application for the studies at the institution of higher education
- More detailed information on the study of study programs, students' outpu and about employees can be found on the web pages of individual faculties
Faculty of Performing Arts fmu.aku.sk
Faculty of Fine Arts fvu.aku.sk
Faculty of Dramatic Arts fdu.aku.sk